In the United States, the Federal Aviation Regulations (FAR) are enforced by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) regulations in the USA and Canada were developed jointly along with other nations. The FAA and Transport Canada (TC) collaborate in the area of aviation safety, with a specific focus on UAS in the United States and Remotely Piloted Aircraft Systems (RPAS) in Canada.
In the USA, FulcrumAir can fly the E2500HP VLOS under Part 107 of the FAR. In addition:
- FulcrumAir is actively pursuing a Type Certificate to fly the E7500 VLOS
- We are actively pursuing BVLOS (beyond visual line of sight) approval to fly the E2500HP
- Fly the E2500HP BVLOS over powerlines outside of an airport environment
- Fly the E2500HP VLOS under part 9 of the C.A.R.s – in controlled airspace and within 5m of people
- Fly the E7500 VLOS anywhere in Canada subject to some restrictions
Common Terms Used in the Industry
Beyond Visual Line of Sight, meaning the aircraft can not be seen with the human eye, for example behind a building or over a hill.